Let’s be honest hearing someone tell us that there are ways to become more confident is easy. But we all know that confidence comes from within self.
Finding your voice in the blogosphere can sometimes feel like a muffled cry. This is why taking a deep breath, that’s right, inhale and exhale very loudly. You will often notice that you just didn’t scream loud enough.
Its not that I have been trying to keep all of these good memories to myself… Okay, maybe I have had several mornings were I wake up imagining that the California sun will kiss my face…I quickly snap back to reality at the chill in the Texas air. I was invited to come to Altitude Design Summit this past Jan./Feb.
My year could not have started off better than having such an honorable opportunity to be amongst amazing entrepreneurs and creators. I mean they were literally everywhere! And it felt so darn good to be in the midst. Now I didn’t travel alone, I tagged teamed Alt Summit with my oldest sister Tiffany with www.tiffanydbrown.com and we had a BLAST! Since this was our first time to Palm Springs California we decided to rack up on the ‘first-time’ experiences. Starting with taking an Uber to the airport the list continues on to staying in our first Airbnb and our first Task Party. *A moment of silence as I reminisce* aaahhhhh what fun!
Okay I’m back.
So at the summit I spoke to entrepreneurs and content creators on a very important topic; 7 Ways to Breathe Life into Your Lifestyle Photos. I walked in thinking that I was about to provide the creative something important I achieved this and so much more because I walked away feeling empowered from them. The room was packed and people were standing against the walls but everyone was tuned into my 7 ways… I was so inspired that I ended up sharing 10 tips! I even had guest ask me questions about how to over come small pesky facial expressions that they usually make in their photos. The reason why all of these things are important should be asked. Because if you are a entrepreneur, fashion blogger, or social media influencer you are the model for your brand. The world wide web runs on visuals and having strong visuals that tell your story are important. Alt Summit gave me the opportunity to connect with like minded creative humans. I walked away feeling empowered and inspired more than ever.
Thank you Altitude Design Summit for the amazing experience, until next year!
How To Look Confident When Taking Headshots
Having your headshots taken be a nerve wrecking. We usually will avoid the very things that make us uncomfortable. Today I am sharing 3 ways to feel more confident when having your headshot taken.
Headshots are useful in so many ways. They are the nice professional way to show your face to your audience. If you are a blogger, social media influencer or successful entrepreneur at some point you will need your headshot for business purposes. Here are 3 ways to help you look powerful and confident in your headshot.
1) Stand don’t sit: Standing helps you to feel solid and strong. When we sit down we tend to sink into our seats which makes us feel comforted and our body posture shows a more rounding versus straight and strong. You want to appear strong, confident and assured in your headshot. When you stand send your shoulders back, eye gaze at a natural line of sight and chin down.
2) Laugh out loud: You read it right, if you are wanting to capture your headshot with you showing your bright shiny smile but don’t want to look too cheesy try laughing out loud. It isn’t as obnoxious as it sounds, I promise I do it all of the time and I can’t tell you how much it helps! The fact is that you will actually start laughing at yourself and it will give your photographer a great laugh too! Free laughs for everyone!
3) Don’t look directly into the lens: Instead of looking into the dark abyss of the lens you can look in 3 other areas that will allow your eyes to stay within the lens range.
– The numbers/writing inside of the lens.
– The area right above the lens. The area that has the brand of camera written on it.
-The top of the photographers head.
So there you have it folks! 3 ways you can be more confident in your headshot. Tell me what were these tips helpful?